Friday, December 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 32: Answered Prayer

PrayerYesterday I wrote about Prayer (click on the word to read yesterday’s entry). Today I want to expand and isolate the topic and give thanks for the prayers that have been answered already.

My brother, a pastor and a computer software developer (click here to go to his website) some years ago developed a program for accountability in prayer called Prayer Watchman. He used it to track prayer requests, aid him in remembering to pray for the different requests for which he had been asked to pray, and to track the prayers that had been answered. He differentiated answered prayer into two distinct categories: prayers that have been answered in the way that I had hoped and prayers that have been answered, though not in the way that I had hoped.

Just identifying answered prayers in that way and realizing that God may answer my prayers, but not in the way that I had hoped, helped me to open my eyes and realize just how often God had been answering my prayers! God really does answer our prayers! And when He does, I want to remember always to say “thank You, God, for Your response.” Even when He chooses to answer me with an answer that I am hoping NOT to hear. So today, Heavenly Father, I am remembering to say “thank You” for Your answers to my prayers.

No comments: