Tuesday, December 20, 2011

30+ Days of Giving Thanks, Day 50: Word of Life

Yesterday I wrote about the Montrose Bible Conference and its role in my life and in the lives of my family. Today I am thankful for another place where ministry has taken place that is very special to me. The Word of Life Inn in Schroon Lake, New York, is a beautiful setting in the Adirondacks of northern New York. The facilities there are comfortable and modern (at least the ones I have seen are modern!) and the dining room is marvelous.

I have attended a number of pastors’ conferences there over the years—sometimes with Kelly, and sometimes alone. The drive up in October is spectacular, and the scenery is breathtaking. I hope that all of my friends have the opportunity, at some time, to visit.

Though my connections are not as deep as those I have made at Montrose Bible Conference, I would enthusiastically recommend the Word of Life Inn and Conference Center to any church or group looking for a great location for a retreat or conference. They also have a great Bible Institute and great camps, both summer camps and winter retreats, for teens and children.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the ministry and the facilities of Word of Life International.

No comments: