Monday, December 19, 2011

30+ Days of Giving Thanks, Day #49: Montrose Bible Conference

Today I am thankful for the Montrose Bible Conference (Click on the name to go to the Montrose Bible Conference website). Since 1994, when I was invited to fill in on short notice as the director of Teen Camp week when the person scheduled had to cancel, my family and I have been connected with the Conference in a number of ways. Seven years of Teen Camp, a couple of additional years as Bible teacher for Teen Camp, Snow Camps, Men’s Retreats, Ladies’ Retreats (okay, I have never actually attended a Ladies’ Retreat, but Kelly has, and I have benefitted indirectly from that!) and for the past several years, a place on the Board of Directors has forged a strong and enduring bond between this place of ministry and my family and me.
MBC
The Torrey Home, on the grounds of the Montrose
Bible Conference
Whether I am thinking about the place itself, with its buildings and grounds, or the programs that I have participated in there, or the people who staff the conference, or the friendships that I have forged there, Montrose Bible Conference is one of my very favorite places. For over 100 years, people have been “getting out of their routine and experiencing God” through this ministry. I thank God for the Montrose Bible Conference and I ask God to continue to bless and grow this ministry so that many hundreds and thousands of people like me can encounter God in His Creation and in His people.

No comments: