Friday, November 18, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 18: Goshen Christian School

Today I am thanking God for the students, teachers, staff and parents that shared their experiences with me at the Goshen Christian School from 1997-1999 and 2009-2010, during the 3 years that I taught Bible at the school. In my first at-bat, I taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Bible classes (and threw in a Health class and even P.E.) In my second at-bat, I taught 7-8th grades, and 9-11th grades.

During these years at the school, I made some great friendships with a group of very professional educators. These teachers did not limit their lessons to their students or their classrooms--they all taught me as well. They welcomed me into their circle and never made me feel like an outsider, and treated me as a valued colleague.

I enjoyed the classroom experience and the challenge of bringing timeless truth to eager young minds, and even a few not-so-eager young minds. From time to time, I think of those mornings on bus duty, greeting students as they arrived for the day, and those afternoons, sending them on their way.

The clock does not turn backward, and days gone by are gone. So, I thank God for the Goshen Christian School, and I thank God for memories, so that gone does not have to mean forgotten.

Father, please bless my friends from Goshen Christian School today--teachers, staff, parents and students--wherever they find themselves. They are under your watchful Eye and protective Hand, I know. Thank You.

No comments: