Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 28: The Blessed Hope

Yesterday I wrote about “Hope”. Today, I am thankful for something a little more specific: the “Blessed Hope” that followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have. The Blessed Hope refers to the Return of Jesus Christ, as He promised when He ascended into Heaven after His resurrection.

The expression comes from Titus 2:13: “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ…” (KJV)

I am thankful for the specific promise and prophecy concerning Jesus’ return. One of my favorite passages in the Bible is John 14:1-6. In particular, the part where Jesus tells His disciples: “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (vv. 2-3, KJV).

In the words of the Apostle John at the end of the Book of the Revelation: “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

No comments: