Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 15: My Friends From College

It is Day 15, and I am halfway finished with the original 30-day assignment. Still thinking about people over things, and I haven't run out of people yet! Today I am deliberately thanking God for the friends I made while in my undergraduate studies at Philadelphia College of Bible, now called Philadelphia Biblical University, and also my one semester at Practical Bible Training School, later renamed Practical Bible College, and even later renamed Davis College.

At PCB I had roommates, dorm mates, teammates, classmates, coworkers, faculty, staff, Chorale mates, Wind Ensemble mates, Chamber Singers mates, directors, conductors and coaches--numbering well into the hundreds of people I met, interacted with, and learned from. A handful of those people continue to be actively "present" in my life even today, after 30 years. These many people are a part of a growing mosaic (a mosaic is a jigsaw puzzle in church clothes) of influences in my life. I am grateful to God for my years at PCB and PBTS, not only for the formal education, but also for the influential relationships established there.

No comments: