Saturday, November 26, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 26: The Holy Spirit’s Ministry

Today I am expressing my thanks for the ongoing ministry of God the Holy Spirit in my life.

He, the Person of the Holy Spirit, indwells me, He convicts me of sin, He brings to my remembrance those things which I have learned, read, and heard others say—most especially, He causes me to remember the words of Scripture that I have memorized since my childhood.

The Holy Spirit sensitizes me to my areas of vulnerability to temptation, and, if I let Him, will show me how to avoid sinning when I am tempted. When I give Him room, He will fill me, guide me, lead me, enable me, and empower me to do the will of God.

When I don’t know how to pray, or cannot find words to put my feelings and desire into prayer, He will pray for me, with groanings incomprehensible to me but clearly heard and understood by God my Heavenly Father.

He, the Holy Spirit, is actively working out God’s plan in my life to accomplish the work of making me like Jesus Christ. The work goes best when I cooperate, but even when I resist, the Holy Spirit does not quit on me.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the indwelling Holy Spirit of God, my Comforter, my Counselor, and my Friend.

No comments: