Tuesday, September 20, 2022

2022-2023 Harmony Ministries Staff Devotions #1 of 33

Dear Blog Reader,

This is a new series of articles in my too-long-inactive blog. It was originally written and presented to the Faculty and Staff of the Harmony Christian School in Middletown, New York. Harmony Christian School is one of the major ministries of Harmony Ministries, also located in Middletown, New York.

The Harmony Ministries website can be found HERE 

and the website for Harmony Christian School is HERE

You can also find us on Facebook at Harmony Ministries and Harmony Christian School

,,,and on YouTube at Harmony Ministries on YouTube


Each Monday this year, I intend to share with you some of my favorite Bible verses/passages, particularly in the context of you and I being part of the same ministry staff here at Harmony Ministries.


This morning I’m going to start with my “Life Verse”: John 3:30


John 3:25-30


Now a discussion arose between some of John’s disciples and a Jew over purification. And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, he who was with you across the Jordan, to whom you bore witness--look, he is baptizing, and all are going to him.”


John answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before him.’ The who who has the pride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete. He must increase, but I must decrease.”


Let’s take some time to consider what it is that each of us is seeking to accomplish here at Harmony Christian School. For some of us...

  • It’s a job; 

  • the schedule is nice; all the holidays, snow days, 2 months off in the summer; same schedule as your children

  • It’s a steady, if modest, paycheck

  • You’re gaining experience in your field; maybe working toward certification


Whatever your reason for taking this job, though, this is true for all of us:
We are workers together in this part of the Kingdom of God.

To be successful, I believe it’s necessary to get myself--my ego, my ambitions, my pride--OUT OF THE WAY so that Christ can get the attention.

In short, He must increase, but I must decrease.

No comments: